No Mayo Tarragon Chicken Salad With YogurtFrom freshrecipes 5 years ago
- 1 cup shelled fresh English peas (about 1 lb in shell.) I suppose you could cook frozen peas, but they won’t have the same crunch as parboiled fresh ones. shopping list
- 1 cup diced cold chicken. You can use a mix of light and dark meat, or just white meat, depending on what you want or have on hand. shopping list
- 1 cup diced jicama shopping list
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped. (If you can’t find those, use 3/4 cup regular cucumbers.) shopping list
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt (Mediterranean-style is best) shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh tarragon shopping list
- ½ tsp minced fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. minced shallot (you can substitute red onion) shopping list
- 1 Tb. minced green onion (scallion) about 1 stalk. shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt or to taste shopping list
- 3 grinds pepper shopping list
- 1 Tb lemon juice (juice of 1 small lemon or ½ large lemon) Meyer lemon is best shopping list
- (For a simpler chicken salad, substitute 1 cup chopped celery for the peas and jicama.) shopping list
- Optional: 2 Tb chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Ingredients See Photo
- You can make the peas ahead of time and refrigerate them.
- Shell about 1 pound English peas to make 1 cup
- parboil them for 2 minutes.
- Immediately cool them in ice water. I pour them through a strainer, then place the strainer in a bowl of ice water. See Photo
- Dice chicken and jicama
- Mince tarragon, thyme, shallot and green onion.
- Combine ingredients
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- I bought some pita bread when I picked up the yogurt, so tucked my chicken salad into it. See Photo
- You can also serve a scoop on a bed of lettuce.
The Cookfreshrecipes Berkeley, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!