Slow Cooker Black Bean And Rice SoupFrom jennyzzz 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 2 cans (16oz) black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (14.5oz) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth, or about 3 to 3 1/2 cups shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups hot cooked rice shopping list
- 1 can sweet corn, drained (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except rice in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Add cooked rice before serving.
- Optional: I add sweet corn at the beginning, instead of adding the rice later. This works better if you're going to have leftovers, as the rice can sometimes soak up alot of the broth when it's left sitting too long.
The Cookjennyzzz Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!