Cilantro Pineapple RiceFrom otterpond 3 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice shopping list
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce to a simmer. Cook until rice is tender but still firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain; rinse with cool water.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in the pineapple, cilantro, bell pepper, and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover, and chill. Serve cooled with lime wedges.
- Note: This is also good with chopped fresh mint. If you have mint in your garden but no cilantro, I'd recommend it.