Steamed Mussels With Lemongrass Coconut CurryFrom zereh 4 years ago
- 2 lbs mussels, scrubbed & picked through (discard cracked shells and ones that don’t close when tapped) shopping list
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, white part grated with microplane grater shopping list
- 2 bottles of clam juice (or substitute with vegetable broth + wine) shopping list
- 1 can (14oz) of good coconut milk, shake the can vigorously to mix the fat with the liquid shopping list
- 1/2 cup of Thai curry paste (Meseri? brand, small red can) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or substitute with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt) shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 3 small skeins of mung bean noodles, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes. shopping list
- chopped scallions & chili for topping shopping list
How to make it
- In a wok or large pot, turn heat to medium. When wok is hot but not smoking, add 2 tbl curry paste and the lemongrass. Fry for 30 seconds to release its flavors.
- Add the clam juice, fish sauce, sugar and coconut milk. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Taste the broth. If you want more heat, add more curry paste.
- In meantime, drain your mung bean noodles. The noodles should still be a little stiff.
- Turn heat to high and add your mussels. Immediately cover with tight fitting lid. Steam on high for 4 minutes.
- Open lid, scootch the mussels to one side, add mung bean noodles and cook for another minute uncovered.
- Use a large spoon to redistribute the mussels from the top to the bottom of the broth, cook another 30 seconds and it’s done!
- Top with chopped chilies and scallions.
The Cookzereh Redmond, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!