Thai Pineapple Fried RiceFrom SvL 4 years ago
- left over Jasmine Rice, a little dried out. from the night before is best. leftover chicken (thigh meat) shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
- Yellow Onion, diced shopping list
- minced garlic shopping list
- pineapple chunks (fresh is best, but the can is simplest - plenty of liquid) shopping list
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, cut into rings shopping list
- grated ginger shopping list
- fresh basil shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- tumeric powder shopping list
- cardamon powder shopping list
- coriander powder shopping list
- lime juice ( just a splash) shopping list
- pineapple juice, a splash shopping list
- a little salt and pepper shopping list
- Asian fish sauce shopping list
- sugar shopping list
How to make it
- combine pineapple chunks, grated ginger, jalapeno, cardamon, coriander, and lime juice in a small
- mixing bowl, set them aside.
- next, dice the onion, mince the garlic, set aside. In another small bowl, whip up the egg.
- On your meat cutting board, you'll want to chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Now, lets get cookin'. heat canola oil in medium size wok, or the best you got, on high heat, untill
- the oil is shimmering. Fry up the onion; as it begins to go golden throw in the garlic, mix it up and
- when you're ready, turn down the heat a little bit, medium medium-high, add the rice, breaking
- down the chunks that cling together untill the rice and onions, garlic and oil are mixed together
- The next step: add the tumeric (enough to turn the rice yellow, not too much) salt & pepper to
- taste; a couple tablespoons of sugar (white), and a few squirts from your handy bottle of fish sauce,
- and mix that up!
- Once that is accomplished, it's time to add the chicken.
- now, time to grab that smal bowl with the pineapple, jalapeno, ginger, and etc - toss that in and mix well.
- once that is all together, it's time to cook the egg - move the contents in the wok against the side, creating space in the center of the wok, so that the bottom of the wok is exposed. Pour the egg in the center hole of this rice torus, and proceed to make scramble eggs there. Once the egg is mostly done, you can then add the fresh basil, and mix it up with the rest of the rice. Serve with Sweet-Chili sauce if you like.
- Awesome! if you want to be really snazzy you can serve in the shell of the pineapple! I did that once, it was certainly snazzy.
The CookSvL Los Angeles, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!