Chunky Sour Cream And Basil Chicken SaladFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 quart chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, and crushed shopping list
- 1- 3 lb chicken, cut up, skinned, discard back shopping list
- 1 cup red onion, peeled, quartered, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 English cucumber, washed, halved, seeded, and thickly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 tsp seasoned pepper (aka Ms. Dash) shopping list
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped basil shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- 3 cups fresh mixed salad greens shopping list
How to make it
- In a large 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the broth and garlic. Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken pieces and simmer gently until tender, for 30 minutes. Cool in the broth 15 minutes. Drain well--reserve broth for another use.
- Remove the chicken from the bone, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, onion, cucumber, and celery. Refrigerate, covered for about 30 minutes.
- In a small bow, beat together sour cream, mayonnaise, pepper, and mustard. Pour 2/3 of dressing over the chilled chicken and mix well.
- Add a little more dressing if the salad seems dry. Toss with the basil and season with salt to taste. Chill several hours to develop flavors.
- Serve on a bed of salad greens.
- Tip: cool chicken completely or chicken with shred and salad becomes mushy rather than chunky.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!