One - Egg Mocha Fudge CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup cold espresso shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- ---Frosting--- shopping list
- 2 tbsp cold espresso shopping list
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup cocoa shopping list
- 3 oz salted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3 oz shortening, room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F, grease and line two 9" round pans.
- Melt the oil and chocolate together in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir in the brown sugar and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and espresso powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together buttermilk, espresso, egg and vanilla. Add the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well blended.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cakes test done. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, sift together sugar and cocoa, set aside.
- Stir together espresso and milk and set aside.
- Beat together butter and shortening.
- Alternate additions of the sugar and the liquids until everything is well incorporated.
- Chill 30 minutes before filling and frosting the cake.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!