Pip's CrumbleFrom philfull 6 years ago
- 4 large apples shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
- half cup butter or marg shopping list
- 1 cup oats shopping list
- 4 Weetbix (broken- but leave some big bits) shopping list
- 1 tbsp Black Strap molasses (or could use sugar instead) shopping list
- 1 dsp cinamon (to taste) shopping list
- 10 chopped dates shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the kettle and preheat the oven to 180dC
- Peel the apples and chop them into small cubes (approx half cm cubed)
- -Also chop the dates if they're not already chopped
- In a microwave bowl cook the chopped apples in the water for 5-6mins (or can be done on the stove, until apples are soft)
- Whilst these are cooking make the crumble: in a large saucepan melt the fat and the molasses (or sugar).
- Once melted, add the oats, Weetbix, cinnamon and dates and mix well.
- In a large dish (or 4 individual ramekins) put the stewed apples and spoon the crumble over the top.
- Bake in the oven for a further 20mins.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream or yoghurt.
The Cookphilfull Auckland, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!