Slow Cooker Chicken KormaFrom debsyjo 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil shopping list
- 8 Skinned & boned chicken thighs, cut into cubes (About 1kg in total) shopping list
- 2 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1-2 Green Chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 5 tablespoons Korma curry paste shopping list
- 250 ml coconut cream or milk shopping list
- 300 ml chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds shopping list
- small bunch coriander shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 200g natural yoghurt shopping list
- warm chapatis or naan bread to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the slow cooker to LOW, (if needed by your cooker's manufacturer)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken pieces. Fry until brown, then remove with a slotted spoon and place in the slow cooker.
- Add the onions, green chillies, ginger and korma curry paste to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Now add the coconut cream (or milk), chicken stock and ground almonds. Tear the coriander into pieces and add half to the sauce, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, stirring occasionally, then spoon over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- When you are ready to serve your Chicken Korma, simply give it a stir, then ladle it into bowls and top with spoonfuls of yoghurt, the diced tomatoes and the remaining coriander.
- Serve with warm chapatis or peshwari naan.