Moroccan Beef SoupFrom wrigggit 4 years ago
- 500g beef, diced shopping list
- 2 tbspns flour shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 tbspn smoky paprika shopping list
- 2 tspn cumin shopping list
- 1 tspn cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 litre stock- vegetable or meat based shopping list
- 2 400g cans peeled and diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 400g can chickpeas (at least) shopping list
- 2 tspn caster sugar shopping list
- To serve- lemon zest, greek yoghurt, coriander shopping list
How to make it
- Dust beef with flour. Heat oil and brown the beef well.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Add the rest of the oil and spices and fry gently for 5 mins.
- Turn up the heat and add the stock and tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil and season with salt and pepper and sugar.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 2 hours, til beef is soft and tender.
- If you like, pop in a hand blender (the stick variety) and do a quick blitz in the mixture, but not too much as you want the chunks in the soup.
- Add the chickpeas.
- Serve in large bowls with yoghurt, sprinkled with lemon zest and fresh coriander.
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!