Stuffed Tomatoes Or PeppersFrom wrigggit 5 years ago
- onion shopping list
- garlic to taste shopping list
- 400g mince/ground beef shopping list
- Red wine- lots- because you need a tipple while you cook! shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- rice (about 1 1/2 cups cooked) shopping list
- tomatoes for stuffing- big ones shopping list
- capsicums/peppers for stuffing- medium ones shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to about 160C.
- Fry a big onion (diced) with diced/crushed garlic and 400g mince til brown.
- Slice the top off the tomatoes, and scoop insides out of tomatoes. Put the insides into the mix- cook.
- Add red wine- be generous as you can always cook it off at the end. Pour yourself a glass while you are at it.
- Season. The food, not the wine.
- Whack in 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice and turn off the heat. Mix.
- Stuff this into the tomatoes and place into a baking dish with a cup of water and a dob of butter on each.
- If you are making the stuffed capsicums, do everything BUT putting the insides into the mix.If you get what I mean?
- Cook in a moderate oven for about 45 mins.
- Serve with a Greek salad, on a bed of rice, or as a side dish.
- "De-lum", as my kids would say. (Kids-speak for a cross between delicious and yum...)
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!