Empanadas De CarnitasFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- Dough- shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup masa shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup ice water shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 6-8 pimento stuffed olives finely chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed finely chopped shopping list
- 6 scallions-green tops only finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pork shopping list
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- salt and fresh pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients and sift together, set aside. Cut in butter till mixture resembles corn meal. Add 1 cup ice water gradually and gather mixture into a ball after combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Saute onions, scallions and garlic in 3 tbsp olive oil till soft. Add jalapeno, olives, currants, pork and tomato paste. Then slowly poor in in wine. Cook for a minute or two till any liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Roll 1/2 of dough on a lightly floured board. Cut 3 inch rounds from dough gathering up scraps for second rolling. Roll circles out a touch more, then top with a tablespoon of mixture in center. Fold over one side and then seal using the tines of a fork. Put onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush tops lightly with beaten egg wash.
- When your sheet is full, bake in a 375degree preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes till lightly browned. Enjoy warm or reheated the next day. This recipe makes enough to feed 12 hungry people as an afternoon snack.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!