Apple Cider Corn BreadFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 cup full-fat soy milk (unsweetened preferred, but regular okay.) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup safflower or canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal (white or yellow) shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry or unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Mix soy milk and vinegar – let sour. It will look lumpy and clabbered, like buttermilk.
- Pour safflower oil into a cast-iron pan. Let it heat in the oven while you mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (If you don’t have a cast-iron pan, use an 8″ round cake pan or an 8″ X 8″ square pan.)
- Pour oil into a well in the dry ingredients. Add the soured soymilk – mix quickly. Batter should be like thick cake batter. If too dry, add more soy milk (doesn’t have to be soured).
- Pour batter in hot pan, place back in oven and bake until golden and crusty – about 20-25 minutes.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!