Cod SoupFrom ginger 7 years ago
- 1/2 chopped medium onion shopping list
- 1 chopped leek( bulb only) shopping list
- 1 pinch saffron powder shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3/4 c. of white wine shopping list
- 1/3 c. of red wine shopping list
- 4 oz of cod fillets shopping list
- 1 c. of water shopping list
- 1 c. of beef broth shopping list
- 1 roma (plum) tomato(seeded and chopped) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. of half-and-half cream shopping list
- 1 c. of grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 3/4 c. of light mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp of saffron powder shopping list
- 4 tsp of dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 c. of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 french baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to mix the mayonnaise, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of saffron powder, bread crumbs, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
- Now you can preheat the oven and put some baguettes on a baking sheet and cook for several min.
- Let cool.
- Now take some olive oil in a pot over medium flame.
- Saute 4 cloves of garlic, onion, and leek.
- Let this cook until tender.
- Now you want to add in the saffron and the bay leaf.
- Make sure to pour in the white and red wines.
- After you do this, add in the fish to the pan and cover with water, letting simmer approx. 10 min.
- Next you can remove fish when done and set aside.
- Now you want to add in the beef broth to the pan and let this cook over low flame about 10 min.
- Then you can remove the bay leaf.
- Now puree the mixture with the tomato, lemon juice, and parsley. Blend until creamy.
- Next you want to whisk in flour and half-and-half over medium flame.
- Stir in the mayonnaise mix plus salt and pepper.
- Now you can pour remaining may mixture onto your bread pieces, with cheese.
- Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy!
The Cookginger Anderson, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!