Bris Team Cookie Ice CreamFrom brilynn 8 years ago
- 2 ¼ cups milk shopping list
- ½ cup whole flake oats shopping list
- Pinch of cinnamon shopping list
- ½ cup + 1T packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream shopping list
- ½ peanut butter shopping list
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- Pinch of fleur de sel shopping list
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate Sauce shopping list
- 2 t vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1 cup milk, the oats, a pinch of cinnamon and 1T brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until the oatmeal has absorbed most of the milk, and looks like a runny oatmeal. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the remaining milk and the heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and peanut butter until well blended and uniform in colour. While still whisking, pour in a quarter of the hot liquid to temper the eggs. Continue whisking and slowly pour in the rest of the liquid. Return the entire mixture to the pan and heat over medium heat until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked oatmeal mixture and vanilla.
- Put mixture into the fridge to cool completely.
- Pour into and ice cream machine and near the end of the cycle, just before it’s ready, pour in the peanuts and chocolate sauce.
The Cookbrilynn Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!