Beefy Bean And Vegetable Rice SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 shallots, diced shopping list
- 1 zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 2 cups diced carrots shopping list
- 10-oz canned sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 29-oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup mushroom tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup dry adzuki beans, soaked overnight shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano shopping list
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 6.5 oz baby red potatoes, halved or quartered if large shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup Texmati long and wild rice blend shopping list
- 5.5 oz chopped asparagus shopping list
- 5 oz chopped green beans shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat water in a large stockpot over medium-high.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add shallots, zucchini, bell pepper, celery, carrots and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes. See Photo
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper, cook 2 minutes further.
- Add wine, stirring vigorously to dislodge browned bits, then stir in the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, bay leaf, basil, oregano and 2 tbsp of the Parmesan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and stir in the potatoes and remaining Parmesan.
- Partially cover the pot and simmer 1 hour longer, until beans are tender.
- Stir in the water, rice, asparagus and green beans and simmer (covered) 25-30 minutes longer, until rice is cooked and vegetables are tender See Photo. Add salt to taste. See Photo
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!