Pear, Apple, And Black Cherry CobblerFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 1 bottle white Zinfandel wine shopping list
- 2 Bartlett or bosc pears, peeled, halved, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled , halved, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 can (about 1 pound) pitted black cherries in heavy syrup shopping list
- 1 sheet (about 3/4 pound), frozen thawed puff pastry shopping list
- 1 tbs sugar shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped, blanched almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In a stainless steel saucepan, bring the wine to a boil and cook until volume is reduced by 2/3. Add pears, apples, and juice from canned cherries, and cook at medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until fruit is tender. Add the lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and cherries, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the fruit through a colander and reserve the cooking liquid. Return the liquid to the saucepan and cook until it becomes syrupy and only about 3/4 cup remains.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Working on a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry into pieces about 1/16-inch thick and large enough to cover the baking dishes. Portion the fruit among the dishes and then divide the syrup equally among them.
- Cover each dish with the dough, press firmly around the edge of the dish, and trim neatly with a sharp knife. With a small, sharp knife, cut slits in the pastry in a decorative pattern.
- Combine sugar and almonds in a mini-food processor and pulse to blend. Sprinkle each dish with the sugar-almond mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!