White Chocolate Buttermilk Cake With Strawberry SauceFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 12 tbs plus 1 tsp unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 6 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- Double recipe (6 cups) Strawberry Sauce (below) shopping list
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, and hulled shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10 x 3-inch springform pan with 1/2 tsp of the butter. Line with parchment paper, butter, the paper with 1/2 tsp of the butter, and set aside.
- Scald in the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Add the hot cream and let sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, in a large bowl, cream the remaining 1 1/2 sticks of butter and the sugar until pale and fluffy. Add 4 of the eggs, one at at time, beating well after each addition. Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl, and add 2 tbs of the egg to the batter (discard the remainder). Add the melted white chocolate and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk alternately to the batter, beating well after each addition and ending with the flour mixture. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour, then remove the sides of the pan and turn the cake out onto the wire rack to finish cooling.
- To serve, cut the cake into wedges. Spoon the strawberry sauce onto the dessert plates and stand a wedge of cake in each pool of sauce. Serve.
- Strawberry Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, puree 2 cups of the strawberries. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Quarter the remaining strawberries and add to the puree. Add the honey and mix to combine. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. The sauce can be made up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerated; let come to room temperature before serving.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!