Lamb And Feta LasagnaFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 11/2 lbs lean ground lamb shopping list
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions shopping list
- 1 tbs chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 oz proscuitto, diced shopping list
- 2 tbs tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted shopping list
- one 28-oz diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- one 14-oz can diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 lb ricotta cheese shopping list
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1 1/4 packed cups freshly grated parmigiano-Reggiano shopping list
- 1 lb lasagna noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook, stirring break up the meat for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Discard the fat from the pan, return the meat to the pan, and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the prosciutto and tomato paste, stir well, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pine nuts. Add the tomatoes with their juices and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Add the oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper and stir well. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Combine the ricotta and feta, and 1 cup of the Parmigiano in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish, spread 1/3 of the lamb mixture over the noodles, and top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients, for 3 layers in all. Sprinkle top with remaiining 1/4 cup Parmigiano.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbling and golden brown, about 15 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!