Salmon - Cedar Plank With Caper SauceFrom Kimskitchen 4 years ago
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb salmon filet or steak shopping list
- 1 cedar plank soaked in water 30 minutes to 1 hour (we find them at hardware store) shopping list
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives (optional) shopping list
- caper Sauce: shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- juice from 1 large lemon shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp capers shopping list
- Charcoal grill shopping list
- Grill Master shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare charcoal grill. (Coals should ash over and be spread)
- Place salmon skin side down on cedar plank. Brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle coriander, pepper, salt, and chives (optional) over salmon.
- *Grill for 15 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes when pulled.
- Prepare caper sauce while fish is grilling:
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add capers and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Serve while hot.
- Serving suggestions: Salmon is a rich, moist meat. Serve with a vegetable that is moderate flavored so your plate is not loaded with overpowering flavors. Allow the salmon to stand out! Dinner salad, steamed green vegetable, green beans, corn on the cob, etc.
- *Place plank directly on cooking grate over coals. Plank will smoke but should not flame up. Keep a spray bottle near by in case of flare ups.
- Use mitts or oven tools to remove plank from grill.
- Save plank to use at a later date as flavor wood on coals.
The CookKimskitchen Nashville, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!