Spaghetti Al Tonno / Pasta With Tuna SauceFrom mamalou 5 years ago
- 1 lb. long pasta such as spaghetti shopping list
- 5 TBLS extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups) (I rarely use that much, one small onion does it for me) shopping list
- 12 salt packed anchovies, filleted, rinsed and very finely chopped, or 24 olive oil packed fillets (about one 3 oz. jar) drained and very finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 6 TBLS flat leaved parsley, finely minced shopping list
- 1 can (6 oz) olive oil packed tuna, preferably Italian, drained and broken up shopping list
- 2 TBLS capers, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 1-2 cups chopped canned plum tomatoes shopping list
- Grated zest of one lemon (optional) shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- sliced kalamata olives (optional) shopping list
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spaghetti until al dente according to package directions. Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large saucepan over med. heat. Saute onion and Anchovies in oil until onion is translucent and tender, 5-6 min. Add garlic and parsley and cook for 1 min. longer. Add the tomatoes, tuna and capers and lemon zest if using. Cook until warm and bubbly and flavors mix.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce in the saucepan. Toss well to coat, then stir for a few minutes to flavor the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle with pepper and parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!