Maslin Rye BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups rye flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat bread flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed shopping list
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 1 tbsp fennel seed shopping list
- 1 tbsp caraway seed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp espresso-grind coffee shopping list
- 1 tsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 vitamin C tablet, finely ground shopping list
- 1 cup active sourdough starter shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/3 cup warm milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup kasha (toasted buckwheat), cooked shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine yeast, flours, wheat germ, flaxseed, poppy seeds, gluten, fennel seed, caraway seed, coffee, cocoa powder and vitamin C powder, whisking well.
- In a large jug or bowl, whisk together sourdough starter, water, milk, honey and molasses.
- Add to the dry ingredients, begin mixing on low speed (if using a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook).
- After 4 minutes, add butter, kasha and salt.
- Continue mixing for 15 minutes, until supple.
- Place into a greased bowl, cover and allow to rest 40 minutes.
- Deflate dough and knead 1 minute.
- Re-cover and allow to rest 40 minutes. See Photo
- Deflate dough, shape into a loaf and place into a greased loaf pan. See Photo
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bake loaf 20 minutes, then cover top with foil and bake a further 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔