Spongy Vanilla CakeFrom maricakes 6 years ago
- 3 ½ cups of flour (450 gr) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder (50 g) shopping list
- 3 sticks of butter = 3/4 lb. (335 g)or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups sugar (402 grams) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup of milk (237 ml) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or almond (15 ml) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. (175 C).
- Cream the butter and sugar until you get a pale yellow color and creamy texture. Take eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Start to pour the mixture of flour and baking powder already sifted, alternating with the mixture of milk and vanilla and ending with flour. Beat only until incorporated well.
- Pour the mixture into baking pans previously greased and lined with wax paper (fills two 9 inch round pans or two 8 inch Square Pans).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. It’s ready when inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before placing on decorating dish, filling and decorating.
- See recipe for: Suspiro (Meringue) & Buttercream in Mari's Cakes Blog.