Best Coconut Cream Pie Ever!From WonderDino 4 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut milk,thick shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 9" pie crust,unbaked shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- For the topping, whip egg whites until foamy.
- Blend in cream of tartar.This will make it foamier.
- Gradually add in sugar. This will make a meringue.
- Finally,blend in vanilla.Set aside.
- For the filling,preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs together. Mix salt and sugar in the egg mixture.
- Blend in butter, then add flour,milk,and coconut milk.
- Gradually add shredded coconut.Once thick, spoon on pie crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Pour and spread the meringue onto the pie.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on the cream pie and serve.
The CookWonderDino Calgary, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!