Delicious Roasted Carrot Alfredo Pasta SauceFrom broadside 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mince garlic and slice carrots into 1/2 in. thick rounds, toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and arrange on an oven-safe stainless steel saucepan.
- Bake uncovered for for 30 minutes, or just until garlic browns. Carrots will be slightly firm and not mushy.
- With 15 minutes to go, salt and heat pasta water.
- Place carrot mixture on a cool plate to rest, then transfer to blender.
- Add sage leaves and milk to blender, and liquefy.
- Over medium heat, create a roux in small saucepan with equal parts olive oil and flour.
- Return sauce to saucepan over low heat, add milk (or transfer small amount of pasta water if sauce thickens too much).
- When pasta is done, drain and toss together with Parmesan cheese.
The Cookbroadside Richmond, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!