Arroz Tortas~ Rice Patties W/ Tomato SalsaFrom sharebear1 5 years ago
- Tortas: shopping list
- 2 Cups Cooked Mexican rice shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- Tomato Salsa: shopping list
- 3 roma tomatoes ~ sliced in half shopping list
- 1 jalapenos sliced and seeds removed shopping list
- 1/2 white onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic ~ minced shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 Pinch Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1-1/2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 Cup water shopping list
How to make it
- 1.In small pot place tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, chicken cubes and water. Bring to boil and let simmer until tomatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- 2.Combine rice, eggs and cheese in bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- 3.Once tomatoes are tender place all ingredients into blender with salt and let cool.
- 4.Heat oil in skillet. Form patties out of the rice mixture. Place a couple into pan at a time and fry until golden brown on each side. Turning once. Place them onto paper towels to drain oil. Repeat until mixture is gone.
- 5.Blend salsa until smooth. Pour about 1/2 cup into bowl/plate and place 2 rice patties on top. Serve with sour cream, hotsauce and tortillas.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!