Pancetta And Cooked Ham Farfalline Soup With Mixed Vegetables.From somptingjohn 5 years ago
- You will need the following ingredients: shopping list
- 200 grams ofFarfilline pasta. (Little bow ties). shopping list
- 6 slices of pancetta. shopping list
- 3 large pieces ofCooked ham. shopping list
- 1.75 litres of beef stock. shopping list
- 1 carrot. shopping list
- 1 Onion. shopping list
- 3 spring onions. shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick. shopping list
- 1 tin of Borlotti beans. shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic. shopping list
- salt. shopping list
- black pepper. shopping list
- Note: make sure you take the cinnamon stick out after the cooking has finished. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut the spring onions up in to small pieces set to one side.
- 2.Cut the carrot up in to very small pieces set to one side.
- 3. Cut the onion up into small pieces and set to one side.
- 4. Cut the garlic up into very small pieces and set to one side.
- 5. Weigh out the pasta and set to one side.
- 6. chop the ham up into very small pieces and set to one side.
- 7. Chop the pancetta up into long strips and set to one side.
- 8. Drain out the tin of borlotti beans and set to one side.
- 9. Get a good frying pan and heat on full power add 4 tablespoons of good quality olive oil.
- 10. When oil starts to bubble add the pancetta and cook til slightly golden this will take only a few minutes,
- 11. After the pancetta is golden add the carrots, onions and spring onions and garlic and sweat down for 5-8 minutes.
- 12. When sweated down take frying pan off the heat and empty the contents into a good size metal saucepan and add the beef stock and turn the heat to a medium heat.
- 13. Sir the mixture together and add the cinnamon stick and one teaspoons of black pepper and a pinch of salt and put a lid on top of saucepan and turn down to a simmer to cook for 15 mins, stirring every now and then.
- 14. After 15 mins add the pasta and stir mixture together and return lid to pan cook for a further 5 mins.
- 15. After that extra 5 mins add the beans and chopped ham stirring the mixture together and return the lid cook for a further 3 mins.
- 16. Remove the cinnamon stick from the pan.
- 17. Serve the pasta in bowls with an even amount of sauce and meat and vegetables, and serve with bread.
The Cooksomptingjohn Sompting, England
- Not added to any groups yet!