Cream Brulee, Crazy's Way!From cookingcrazy 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and line the bottom of a large baking pan with a damp kitchen cloth.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While water is boiling, combine cream, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally 4 to 5 minutes, until steam rises. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. Add the orange zest if using. Pour hot cream into yolks, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until all cream is incorporated. Pour mixture into four 6 oz. ramekins or a muffin tins if you don't have ramekins.
- Place ramekins on the baking dish, and place dish on oven rack. Pour boiling water into dish to halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until custard is just set. Chill ramekins in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over each custard. Use a kitchen torch or oven broiler to brown top, 2 to 3 minutes.
The Cookcookingcrazy Qeens, U.S
- Not added to any groups yet!