Caramelize Onion & Apple Cream Cheese SpreadFrom cookingcrazy 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided shopping list
- 2 cups chopped, sweet onions (about 2 medium) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 medium cooking apples, cored, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tub (12 oz) whipped cream cheese shopping list
- 1 package your favorite crackers shopping list
How to make it
- In large non-stick skillet melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add onions. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onions turn light brown. Stir in brown sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 3 minutes more or until liquid evaporates. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, wipe skillet out with paper towels. In same large skillet melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in apples and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from heat. Cool at least 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl stir together apple mixture and cream cheese. Stir in about 3/4 of the onion mixture. Spread on CRACKERS. Top with the remaining onion mixture.
The Cookcookingcrazy Qeens, U.S
- Not added to any groups yet!