Potato Waffle With SalmonFrom hopscotch 4 years ago
- 1 cup thick creme fraiche shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 hard-boiled egg shopping list
- 1/2 bunch chives, minced shopping list
- 2 large potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup clarified butter shopping list
- 4 thin smoked salmon fillets shopping list
- 1/4 cup caviar shopping list
- 8 whole chives shopping list
- 4 leek leaf sections (optional) shopping list
How to make it
To prepare the tangy cream
- Mix the creme fraiche and lemon juice in a small non-aluminum bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Shell the hard-boiled egg. Grate the white and yolk separately. Toss together with the chives and set aside.
To prepare the gaufrettes
- Peel the potatoes and finely julienne them with a mandoline.
- Put the potato pieces into a large bowl; squeeze out the excess water and drain.
- Add the cream, egg yolks, and egg and mix well.
- Brush a hot waffle iron with clarified butter.
- Put a one fourth of the mixture in the waffle iron and close. Cook until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Repeat to make all four gaufrettes. Alternatively, the potatoes may be shaped into cakes and fried until browned in clarified butter in a saute pan or skillet.
- Fill a 5-inch ring mold with a thin layer of tangy cream. Spread a thin layer of grated egg and chives in the mold. Lift the mold. Repeat on all the plates. Place a potato waffle on each circle. Ruffle a smoked salmon fillet on top of each waffle. Make a quenelle of caviar and place on the salmon. Place two whole chives on each.
- Eric Frechon
- Le Bristol Hotel
- Paris, France
- url: www.greatchefs.com
People Who Like This Dish 0
- hopscotch CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!