Mashed Plantains With Lime Juice And RumFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 4 tbs (1/2 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 medium spanish onion, minced shopping list
- 4 very ripe (black-skinned) plantains, peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 medium orange shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbs spiced rum shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a medium heavy saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes. Add the plantains, orange zest, and enough water to just cover the plantains. Raise the heat to medium and cook the plantains at a simmer until very soft to a knife tip, about 20 min.
- Drain the plantains and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Add the sour cream, orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, rum, and vanilla and mash with a potato masher or hand held mixer until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (The plantain mash can be kept warm in a double boiler set over simmering water for 1 to 2 hours.) Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!