Super delicious browniesFrom lieke 8 years ago
- 250g unsalted butter shopping list
- 200g dark chocolate, broken up shopping list
- optional: 75g dried sour cherries shopping list
- optional: 50g chopped nuts shopping list
- 80g cocoa powder, sifted shopping list
- 65g plain flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 360g caster sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- optional: zest of 1 orange shopping list
- optional: 250ml creme fraiche shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl over some immering water, melt the butter and the chocolate and mix until smooth. Add the cherries and nuts, if you're using them, and stir together. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar, then add this to the chocolate, cherry and nut mixture. Stir together well. beat the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for about 25 minutes. You don't want to overcook them so, unlike cakes, you don't want a skewer to come out all clean. The brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but still gooey in the middle. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares. These make a fantastic dessert served with a dollop of creme fraiche mixed with some orange zest.
The Cooklieke London, LONDON
- Not added to any groups yet!