Refried Beans With Cinnamon And CloveFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- Olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, fine chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and fine chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- one 14 oz can whole tomatoes, drained shopping list
- two 15oz cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 tbs butter shopping list
How to make it
- heat enough olive oil over medium-high heat to saute onions with salt, pepper, 3 minutes. Add garlic, jalapeno, cinnamon, and cloves and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, crushing them as they go into the pan. Saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans and water. bring to a fast simmer, crushing the beans with a potato masher (or back of spoon) as they cook, scraping the bottom of pan as beans begin to thicken. Simmer until the beans are thick, about 10 minutes. Blend in the butter, and taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!