Zucchini And Garbanzo Bean Tacos With Carmalized OnionsFrom Amber411 4 years ago
- 4 tablespoons olive or canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1 red onion, sliced shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3 or 4 medium zucchini, quartered shopping list
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 6 to 8 corn or flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a saute or sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil . When hot, add onions, salt, and pepper. Stir until onions are translucent, then turn down heat, and stir occasionally. (You can tell when they are done if the onion is soft and sweet. )
- 2. In a bowl, add zucchini, bell pepper, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Stir to coat all of the vegetables with the seasoning. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- 3. In another bowl, add garbanzo beans, cilantro, green onions, and lemon juice. (You may season with a little salt and pepper depending on your preference or if the beans were stored in a can with added salt.) Toss well.
- 4. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and sauté zucchini and bell pepper mix until tender.
- 5. To serve: Warm tortillas over stove then add zucchini mixture and garbanzo bean mixture. Top with caramelized onions.
- Tastes Great garnished with Cheese, Salsa, Guacamole, sour cream or etc. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The CookAmber411 Auburn, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!