Spicy Chicken EnchiladasFrom jayboy 5 years ago
- 2 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups mexican cheese shopping list
- Half a yellow onion, finely chopped (I puree mine) shopping list
- Half a large green bell pepper, finely chopped (I puree mine) shopping list
- 2 large or 3 small breasts of chicken, boiled then shredded shopping list
- 8 burrito size tortilla shells shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan, heat on medium-low for 10 minutes or so. Set aside. (If you are looking for easier, you can use store bought enchilada sauce in a can instead, serves the same purpose)
- 2. Mix the onion, pepper, cheese & chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Spoon a couple of globs of the mixture onto a heated tortilla, roll it up. How much you use in the tortilla will depend on whether you get 8 enchiladas or only 5 or 6.
- 4. Roll the tortilla and place in a shallow baking dish (Greased with non-stick cooking spray, trust me on this one)
- After you use all the mixture, coat the tortillas with the enchilada sauce mixture you made in step 1. The entire group of tortillas should be coated with sauce.
- 5. Sprinkle any leftover cheese on the top of the tortillas
- 6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
- *** Also I marinate my chicken after I shred it to give it more flavor. I use McCormack's Chipotle Pepper & it is phenomenal.
The Cookjayboy Pike Creek, Delaware
- Not added to any groups yet!