Spinach And Cheese ManicottiFrom mbelisle 3 years ago
- 12 manicotti, uncooked shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup low fat Italian cheese blend, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 15 oz container nonfat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 6 oz package garden vegetable flavored light cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 ounces nonfat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 28 ounce jar tomato and herb reduced fat pasta sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in a non-stick pan coated with cooking spray for 3 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, seasoning, pepper, ricotta cheese and cream cheeses in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Stir in onion, garlic and spinach.
- Spoon cheese and spinach blend into cooked manicotti, about 1/3 cup per tube.
- Coat 6 individual casserole dishes or one 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Divide 1 cup of pasta sauce among the dishes and arrange 2 stuffed manicotti in each dish or put all 12 in the large pan.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over top of manicotti; cover dishes with foil and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese and parmesan cheese on top and return to oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano if desired.
The Cookmbelisle Regina, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!