Corn Cakes With Thai FlavorsFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- * 3 c Corn kernels; roasted, shopping list
- * 1/2 c egg substitute (or 2 eggs) shopping list
- * 2 tbs cornstarch shopping list
- * 1 tbs soy sauce (or fish sauce) shopping list
- * 1 tb Chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- * 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp onion powder (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Six ears of roasted corn make about 3 cups of kernels. In a medium bowl, scrape cobs of roasted corn to remove all kernels. Add salt, if the taste is flat. In another bowl, force milky liquid from cobs by turning knife to dull side and rescraping cobs. (If using canned corn, omit and do not substitute juice from can.) Spread corn on a cutting board and chop coarsely - or pulse in food processor. Return the corn to the bowl and add the egg and cornstarch and reserved liquid. Combine your choice of soy sauce or fish sauce, the cilantro, garlic and pepper. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Remove from the heat and spray with cooking spray. Return to stove and heat to medium-hot, spoon batter into pan to make individual corn cakes. (About 2 tablespoons per cake. The batter makes about 16 2-1/2-inch cakes). Fry until gold brown on both sides (about 2 minutes each side). Menu: grilled sword fish, warm ginger sauce (bottled), corn cakes, fresh cilantro as garnish. Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 10:14:48 -0700 (PDT) From: PatH Recipe By : Prevention Mag July 1996 MC-Recipe Digest V1 #130 From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from G Internet, G Internet.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!