Spiced CucumbersFrom fluffy24 3 years ago
- spiceD cucumbER RINGS shopping list
- 1 gallon cucumbers, peeled, cored & cut into 1/4" rings shopping list
- 2 c. lime shopping list
- 10 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1 c. vinegar shopping list
- 1 oz. red food coloring shopping list
- 1 tbsp. alum shopping list
- 2 c. vinegar shopping list
- 2 c. water shopping list
- 8 c. sugar shopping list
- 8 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 2 sm. pkgs. red hot shopping list
How to make it
- Put lime in the 10 1/2 cups water or enough water to cover cucumbers and soak 24 hours; drain, wash and soak for 3 hours in clear water.
- Mix 1 cup vinegar, red food coloring, alum and enough water that will cover cucumbers. Simmer this mixture a few minutes and pour over cucumbers and let stand for 3 hours; drain.
- Mix 2 cups vinegar, 2 cups water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and red hots. Bring to boil, stirring until red hots are dissolved. Pour syrup over cucumbers and let stand overnight. Drain and bring syrup to a boil again and pour over cucumbers and let set again overnight. Heat syrup again, pack cucumbers into jar and pour hot syrup over cucumbers and seal in sterilized jars.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!