West Lake Beef SoupFrom pajumist 6 years ago
- 2/3 cup lean ground beef shopping list
- **seasonings for Beef: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- a few drops sesame oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- **Other: shopping list
- 4 - 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/3 cup water (optional) shopping list
- 2 eggs or egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 green onions, green parts only, washed, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 1 packet of Chinese egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, add the seasonings to the ground beef, adding the cornstarch last (use your fingers to mix in the cornstarch).
- Marinate the ground beef for 15 minutes.
- While the beef is marinating, bring the chicken stock or broth to a boil.
- Stir in the marinated ground beef, using chopsticks to break up any lumps. Add the sugar and pepper.
- Bring the soup back to a boil, turn down the heat, and simmer for a few minutes to allow the ground beef to cook.
- Add frozen veg and noodles now.
- Taste and add extra salt if needed.
- If desired, add the extra 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with water and stir to thicken.
- Very slowly pour in the egg whites in a steady stream. Use a fork to gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction until they form thin streams or ribbons.
The Cookpajumist Canberra, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!