Fresh Mexican SalsaFrom hollysanchez 3 years ago
- 2 Big boy tomatoes shopping list
- 6 roma tomatoes shopping list
- 1 bunch of cilantro shopping list
- 1-2 serrano chili's. ( More if you like it hotter,you can substitute jalapenos if desired.) shopping list
- 1 Medium onion shopping list
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 TB Sriracha chili sauce. ( can find at Mexican or Asian grocery store. Excellent condiment.) shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- garlic salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Take tomatoes and dice in food processor if you have one. Dump into medium size container. Do the same for the onion and Serrano, then add to tomatoes. Chop up 1 bunch of cilantro being sure to pick out the thicker stems. You can do this in the processor also. Add to tomato mixture. Add vinegar , chili sauce, cumin and mix. Taste to see how much garlic salt to add. I use alot, probably about a 1 TB.
- The longer this sits the better it tastes. So make in advance the night before.
- Also you can grill the vegetables and get a robust flavor if you like.
- If you don't have very ripe tomatoes you can add tomato sauce if necessary.
The Cookhollysanchez Monrovia, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!