Mexican Pinata PocketsFrom goodeat 4 years ago
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles shopping list
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 2 boxes refrigerator pie crust (4 rounds) shopping list
- Jar salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine black beans, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of the shredded pepper jack. Mix to combined and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat together the egg and water and set aside.
- Place the 4 pie dough rounds on a floured work surface. Using a 3-inch round cutter cut out 32 dough circles.
- Place about a teaspoon of the black bean mixture into the center of 1/2 of the dough circles. Place 1 dough circle on top of bean mixture and gentle press down with your finger to seal it to the bottom piece of dough. Crimp the edges with a fork. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Place all 16 formed pinata pockets onto two baking sheets. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle each with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a bowl of salsa for dipping.