Garlicky Mussels And Fusilli In Fresh Tomato BrothFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 8 oz uncooked whole-wheat fusilli pasta shopping list
- 10 garlic cloves, divided shopping list
- 1/3 cup V8 (or tomato) juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crumbled saffron threads (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1" lengths shopping list
- 36 PEI (blue) mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook fusilli 8-9 minutes, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Mince 6 cloves of garlic, set aside. Place the remaining garlic cloves, V8 juice, saffron, oregano and the reserved pasta water in a small food processor or blender and puree.
- In a large non-stick (coverable) skillet coated with cooking spray, saute minced garlic just until fragrant.
- Pour the broth into the pan and cook vigorously until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add tomatoes and beans and cook 1 minute longer, stirring occasionally, then add the pureed mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover and cook 4 minutes - until the mussels open fully (toss any mussels that do not open).
- Uncover, add the drained pasta, parsley, thyme and black pepper and cook 2 minutes, tossing well.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Garlic Lovers460 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Dairy Free110 members
Family Favourites134 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
Nut Free5 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Companys Coming115 members