Coconut CookiesFrom ambus 6 years ago
- 2 cups plain flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp. corn flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 4 tbsp. desiccated coconut + extra for topping shopping list
- 1 cup solidified ghee (clarified butter) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar,powdered shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. warm milk,if required shopping list
How to make it
- Sieve baking powder with flours.Add salt and desiccated coconut;keep aside.
- If ghee is not solidified,then refrigerate for some time.
- Take in a large deep plate,run in circular direction with a flat palm.
- Rub enough to make ghee white,fluffy and light.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence to ghee and mix till light.
- Fold in flour mixture till well mixed.
- Sprinkle some milk if dough seems too dry to hold. Mix with a light hand.
- If too soft,keep it in the fridge to become hard.
- Make small lemon size balls.
- Shape in rounds/squares/ovals,sprinkle extra coconut on top.
- Arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake,in a preheated oven,at 180 C for 10-12 minutes or till very light golden.
- Remove, cool on a wire rack till completely cooled.
- Store in airtight container, in dry place.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Ghee Happy13 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Anything Goes289 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Asian Foods237 members
Checkin Central284 members
Pakistani Recipes Collection32 members