Asian - Inspired Rice DressingFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 5 2/3 cups cold water, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups short-grain brown rice shopping list
- 2 cups raw sushi rice shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced shopping list
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, diced shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro shopping list
- 1 tsp tamari shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 2/3 cups cold water, vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add brown rice, stir well and reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 cups water and the sushi rice. Re-cover and simmer a further 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to stand, covered, for 10 minutes on the burner.
- Stir with a fork to fluff and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they are mostly wilted, then stir in garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute longer.
- Pour mixture into the bowl with the rice and add cilantro and tamari, mixing well.
- Use as a turkey stuffing or spoon into a casserole dish and bake, covered, for 1 hour at 350F.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members