Pina Colada ChickenFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total) shopping list
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup light or dark rum shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in a shallow glass baking dish. Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly to make piña colada marinade. Cover, refrigerate and reserve 1/2 cup marinade until ready to use for basting.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken, cover, and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Grill chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side, basting with reserved 1/2 cup piña colada marinade and turning chicken frequently, until no pink remains and juices run clear (see Note).
- Frequent basting gives this chicken even more tropical flavor, but be sure not to baste it during the last 4 minutes of cooking, so the cooked chicken doesn’t come in contact with marinade used on raw chicken.