Creamy Potato And Asparagus SoupFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1 lg. bunch asparagus (1-1/4 lbs) trimmed shopping list
- 1-1/4 lbs potato,peeled and chopped (1/2" pieces or smaller shopping list
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk shopping list
- 6 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 TB honey shopping list
- shredded lemon peel,Italian (flat-leaf) parsley,coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve about 1/3 of the asparagus. combine remaining asparagus,the potatoes,evaporated milk,1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1-1/4 c water in saucepan. Bring to boiling,reduce heat. Simmer ,uncovered, 10 mins or till potatoes are tender. Cool slightly.
- In blender or food processor,blend or process soup,half at a time,until smooth.
- Meanwhile,in skillet,cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels;set aside. Reserve 1 TB bacon dripings in skillet. Add reserved asparagus. Cook 5 to 6 mins or till asparagus is crisp-tender,stirring occasionally.
- Coarsely chop bacon and place in microwave safe pie plate. Drizzle with honey;cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Just before serving,microcook on 100% powe (high) 30 seconds. To serve,ladle soup into bowls and top with asparagus,bacon and desired toppings.