Chicken Cacciatore In A HurryFrom micuisine 3 years ago
- 6 lbs. chicken (We use boneless, skinless breasts.) shopping list
- 2 TBLS oil (Olive) shopping list
- 2 onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes (We blend ours in the blender.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 packets spaghetti sauce mix (Didn't have this, so used 1 TBLS basil and 1 TBLS italian seasoning.) shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. spaghetti noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook chicken until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add onion and saute' until softened, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, sugar and spaghetti sauce mix into skillet with chicken and onions. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Gently simmer until chicken is done, about 30 minutes. Serve warm over spaghetti noodles.
The Cookmicuisine Greensboro, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!