Sweet Potato Chili With CashewsFrom mattandmaren 4 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2-4 medium bell peppers, any or all colors, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced, to taste shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds sweet potatoes cut into bite-size chunks (microwave on high for 15 minutes to speed cooking time if needed) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups salted, roasted cashews shopping list
- 2 28 ounce can crushed San Marzano tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 4 ounce cans diced mild green chiles with liquid shopping list
- 4 tablespoons mixed chili and chipotle chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cover the bottom of a large heavy pot with a thin coating of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and bell peppers and saute, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes, until vegetables are golden.
- Add the garlic and saute, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes, cashews, tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, chiles and their liquid, chili powder, cumin, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low immediately and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are just tender, 20ish minutes if the potatoes were microwaved, longer if not.
The Cookmattandmaren Kirkland, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!