Cornbread and Chili CasseroleFrom nodakmom 8 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 jar chunky salsa (16 ounce) shopping list
- 1 can kidney beans (15 1/2 ounce) drained shopping list
- 1 can diced Mexican~style tomatoes (14 1/2 ounce) undrained shopping list
- 1 can com with red and green bell peppers (11 ounce) drained shopping list
- 1 package chili seasoning (1 3/4 ounce) shopping list
- 1 box com muffin mix (8 1/2 ounce) or com muffin mix to serve 6 shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese with jalapeno (2 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat large skillet over medium~high heat and cook
- ground beef, stirring, until cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Stir in salsa,
- beans, tomatoes, corn and chili seasoning mix. Simmer 10 minutes, until
- slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile prepare corn muffin batter according to package directions;
- set batter aside. Spoon hot chili into center of 2~quart rectangular or
- oval baking dish; spoon cornbread batter around edges of chili. Bake
- for 20 minutes; sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 minutes until
- cheese is melted and corn bread is deeply golden.
- Serve individual portions in shallow soup bowls garnished with cilantro.
- Make ahead tip: Make chili the day before and store refrigerated; heat
- chili on top of stove before making casserole. Serves 6.
The Cooknodakmom Westhope, ND
- Not added to any groups yet!