Sugar Cookies Royal IcingFrom melmartin 9 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter, Unsalted, Softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, Beaten shopping list
- 1 tbsp milk shopping list
- icing sugar shopping list
- Royal icing shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 3 cups icing sugar, Sifted shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the first three ingredients together. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and milk and beat until combined.
- Put mixer on low and add flour mixture until combined.
- Divide dough in half and wrap in waxed paper and refridgerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Sprinkle surface with icing sugar (you will need a lot more icing sugar than you would use flour, as it gets absorbed into the dough more). Remove one wrapped pack of dough at a time, sprinkle rolling pin with icing sugar and roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Move the dough around to make sure it doesn't stick to the surface.
- Cut out shapes and place on non-stick baking sheet (or greased baking sheet or parchment paper).
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges, rotating the cookie sheet half way through. Cool on a rack.
- Royal Icing
- Beat egg whites and lemon juice until whipped. Add icing sugar until combined and smooth.
- (When I made this icing, I made it a day ahead of time and stored it in the fridge. When I went to use it, it was too hard to spread, so I added a tiny bit of milk until it was a nice spreadable consistency. I think even when I make it next time, I will still add a bit of milk. It just makes it a little smoother and thinner.)
The Cookmelmartin Mississauga, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!